Wonderin' Wanderin' Wednesday - Writing, Writing, Writing

Thursday?  Thursday?  Hmmm.  What did happen last Thursday?

Friday, Saturday & Sunday I wrote. Then I wrote some more. And then, guess what, I wrote a little more, and then a lot more. First, comments. That’s it. 75 students, a short paragraph or so for each student. One weekend. I got some writing done too, but not as much as I would have liked. I did happen to finish the books that I have to write critical response papers for. Yikes. Seriously behind the eight ball for MFA Packet #3. I did squeeze in the first episode of Fringe, and finished ‘I Am One of You Forever’, by FredChappell, which was really good.

Monday I started my ‘Mr. Burnham’s Bodacious Beard Ballots’ in order to raise money for either a Wimshurst Electostatic Generator or a Water Bottle Rocket Launcher or both, which is pretty freakin’ unlikely, but would be awesome if it came to pass.  I used this picture that I got offline to allow the students, teachers and parents to make choices. For $0.50 a vote, I will shave my beard into the crazy shape that wins the most votes. Not pictured is ‘The Half Right’ and the ‘The Half Wrong’, which is shaving one half or the other of my beard. I’ll wear the beard from 2-5 days, depending on the “Social Acceptability Quotient”. I am trying to buy a house after all, and going to the bank with my face half shaved would probably go over like a lead balloon.

facial hair types chart 

Right now the 'Handlebar & Chin Puff' and 'The Zappa' are vying for first place.

Tuesday was writer’s group, and Lindsay, Debbie and Sonja, all current or graduated members of Converse’s MFA program are wondrous writer’s all, with most excellent constructive criticism.

Wednesday I had SWAD for dinner. Chika and I got dos veggie burgers. Adam D. gave us a call and may come down to visit us over Spring vacation, which would be very cool. Finally finished 'A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius'. I am SO far behind. And now, back to working on ‘A Map to the Heart of London', which got its start here.

PS: Only three days left to St. Patty's Day, March 17th, and my wonderful, beautiful wife's birthday!


And this is a bit too entertaining not too post, my interest in beard shaving at an all time high: 



Comments

Popular Posts