Movie Review Monday - The Raid: Redemption

The Raid - Redemption
Last week I mentioned that I’m definitely sans Chika with horror movies, and that also counts for violent movies. So Chika didn’t go with me to this one either. Was The Raid violent? Well I was gritting my teeth through most of The Raid: Redemption, and I often cringed, and was often tempted to look away.

But was the movie good? Hells yeah! 

It was a beautifully choreographed supercharged ballet of savagery, violence at every turn. But what a ride. And it was a realistic situation (well, with one exception, but overlookable I suppose, especially for a martial arts flick).

But the biggest thing?

The. Fights. Are. AMAZING!

Just wow. Yeah.

In terms of overall plot, the director does a great job of establishing empathy for the main character, and the subplots are well handled. The actors, when acting is called for, are solid.

If you enjoy any kind of martial arts movie, you should definitely catch this movie on the big screen. It will still be good on the wee TV screen, but may lose some of that adrenaline rush.

««««
4.0 / 5.0

Cast list (courtesy of Wikipedia)

  • Iko Uwais as Rama
  • Donny Alamsyah as Andi
  • Ray Sahetapy as Tama Riyadi
  • Yayan Ruhian as "Mad Dog"
  • Pierre Gruno as Lieutenant Wahyu
  • Joe Taslim as Sergeant Jaka
  • Tegar Satrya as Bowo

Comments

Popular Posts