New Tunes Tuesday - Gangstagrass

So the posts will be somewhat sporadic this week, and possibly the following week as the school year comes to a close. But keeping me company on my busy days will be a new band that my Mom heard on a show called Justified (which also looks awesome).


I may be biased, because I do love genre-bending bands: Gangstagrass is all sorts of rap and bluegrassy goodness. Perhaps somewhat they have the same mix that draws me to the wondrousness that is Devil Makes Three.



Gangstagrass
Gangstagrass’ self-titled album
 



But Gangstagrass is seriously fantastic stuff, reminiscent of the successful genre blending, at least for me, found in Sublime and Michael Franti and Spearhead.


Here are some tunes to whet your appetite. 


Justified (TV show theme song): 




'Put Your Hands Up':




'Steel's Gonna' Be the Death of Me':



Comments

Popular Posts