Wonderin' Wanderin' Wednesday - MFA Packet#2 and Flogging Molly

On Thursday I stayed home sick from work. Uncool. Napped for much of the morning. Chika and I watched an Edward Burns movie, Nice Guy Johnny. I love Burns’ films because he paints true stories of true characters. I have no idea why he isn’t simple adored by critics when there’s so much crap out there and he’s producing movies that are honest and true.

Also on Thursday I had an extra fun visit with the dentist, but it turned out that the crack in my tooth? It’s better to just let it ride. And then in 6 months or 6 years, it will crack right open, but until then? Don’t stress apparently.


Friday at school one of the other staff members brought in baby bears (she owns a zoo). After I came home, we went to Cazbah, swung by Ken’s and played a game of hearts, but just to 30 points because I had writing to get down for my MFA.

Chika & Trav @ Cazbah
Baby Bear From Hollywild















I was in the kitchen Saturday morning and I heard the wind blowing, or more specifically whistling through the house. It didn’t seem that windy outside so I craned my neck to see if I could see the leaves and branches moving outside. Yeah, a bit. Then I guess that it must be the forced air heat that I’d just turned on, but it didn’t sound quite right. As I walked a bit deeper into the house, I found that the sound was Chika. Sometimes she can’t talk in the morning, and she was making this low moaning sound from bed. ‘Twas very funny.
Only in SC Can You Find a Car
Held Together with Duct Tape

Writing all morning and early afternoon for MFA Packet #2 and then in the evening we met our friends John, Jim and Ken at Firehouse Subs (where I saw the car at left) for a birthday celebration, Jim 49th, John’s 51st.  Afterwards we played a round of the MonopolyCard Game and most of a game of Citadels. Back by 9:00pm for more writing!

Sunday I wrote and wrote and wrote and wrote some more.

We went to see the amateur open mic night at Coffee Underground. It was entertaining, with a few laugh out loud chuckles.

Tuesday I went to a concert at The Orange Peel in Asheville. Fantastic show with Devil Makes Three opening, followed by Black Joe Lewis and the Honeybears, and the headliner. Flogging Molly. Look for reviews of those shows in some upcoming Live Tunes Tuesday blog entries.

Wednesday is going to be a night in, gaming in the Kingmaker campaign. Fire mage Zo Casaveres is cleaning up the badlands.

Overall I’m really happy how my novel, A Map to the Heart of London, is coming along. It all started here.

Comments

Popular Posts