The Reverend Horton & Hallelujahs at the Handlebar

The Reverend Rides the Bass Fantastic!
Wow.

Wow. Wow. Wow.

The Reverend Horton Heat is a must see live act.

I’ve been listening to the Reverend and their very own brand of “country-fed punkabilly” since 1993 when my friend John introduced me to the Reverend’s second album, The Full-Custom Gospel Sounds of the Reverend Horton Heat.

With stand out tracks like “Wiggle Stick", "The Devil's Chasing Me" and "Bales of Cocaine" (but to be honest, there are no bad tracks) I was an instant fan.  Liquor in the Front is the second album I bought and is chock full of amazing tracks as well (though if I were to be completely honest, I’m not a big fan of “The Entertainer”.  I find it difficult to believe that anyone wouldn’t consider conversion to the Reverend’s special brand of faith after listening to either of these albums.  I’ve got four more of their albums (Smoke 'em If You Got 'em, It's Martini Time, Space Heater and Spend a Night in the Box), though if you’re looking into a purchase, I’d suggest the first two albums that I mentioned.
Jimbo on Bass!

Back to the concert.  Live?

The Reverend Horton Heat is AMAZING.  Full stop.

Jimbo on bass is fantastic, Paul Simmons on drums was phenomenal and Jim Heath, the Reverend, was transcendent.

I took all the pictures here on the blog, though I didn’t take any videos.  If you want a little taste of what you missed, someone took a video of the Reverend playing Galaxy 500 here, though the audio is mediocre.

The Whole Tamale - The Reverend Horton Heat Complete
I suggest you catch one of their live shows. You can thank me if you find religion!

Comments

  1. Love the review and like you, I love the Reverend too! :) Great pics!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts