Yesterday, I sent 'The Bone Washer' off to Writer's of the Future for the final quarter of 2011. Fingers crossed.

Also yesterday, I applied for the MFA in Creative Writing program at Converse College in Spartanburg, SC. I'm feeling pretty confident about getting in, but let's hope I don't jinx myself.

I've formed a writer's group and we'll be meeting every other week. It seems like a great nucleus of people.

In other wor(l)ds, I seemed to have developed a slight fixation with insects. Moving from 'The Bone Washer', to yet another piece of work that involves insects. More on that later.

I'll also be, in the words of the Jeffersons, moving on up from short stories to a novel for a while. I mean moving up in the sense of word count, not work, lest I offend any short storyists out there.

Comments

Popular Posts