Traps & the Wind in the Willows?

I remember a summer spent on the small island of Isle au Haut when I was ten years old. It was a quiet time of playing cribbage with my grandfather, hanging out with my Mum, playing on the shore and doing a lot of reading. The Wind in the Willows was one of the books I read then, and it was wondrous strange and fantastic. I loved it. If you haven't read this, you must. One of the main protagonists, Mole (at left), is a somewhat bumbling but thoroughly adorable character. I'd even venture to say one of the most endearing creations in children's literature.

Judging from this page, the advertising executives at Squidoo and Google should REALLY read the book and be a little more discriminating about what ads are paired with what material.

Comments

Popular Posts